If you got hurt in a minor car accident, you might wonder whether it’s worth talking to a lawyer. If so, you’re not alone. Many people assume that minor accidents don’t warrant legal action. However, if you were hurt in an accident someone else caused, you could be entitled to compensation, no matter how seemingly minor the crash was.
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we recommend consulting with a lawyer after any car accident, no matter how minor or severe. To learn more about why taking legal action is essential, even after a minor car accident, please keep reading or call us at (401) 751-8855 for a free case review.
What Constitutes a Minor Car Accident?
Minor car accidents typically involve low-speed impacts, minor vehicle damage, and no severe injuries. Common examples of minor car accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions between slow-moving vehicles at traffic lights
- Minor crashes involving motorists maneuvering through parking lots
- Slow-moving traffic accidents that occur on congested roads or highways
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Minor Collision?
Hiring a lawyer after a minor car accident can be beneficial for several reasons:
- You might have hidden injuries – Many crash injuries are not immediately apparent because their symptoms take time to manifest. For example, whiplash is a common crash injury that can lead to chronic pain and other complications, but many victims don’t notice whiplash symptoms for hours or even days after a wreck. An experienced can help you access the medical attention you need for a proper diagnosis, which can provide the evidence you need for an injury claim if you notice hidden injuries later.
- An attorney can protect your rights – When you file an injury claim after a minor accident, the insurance company might try to entice you with a quick settlement. However, these lowball settlement offers are often insufficient to cover the full extent of your losses, even for a relatively minor injury. A good lawyer will understand the true value of your claim and help you demand fair compensation accordingly.
- Your lawyer can help you establish liability – Determining who is at fault after a car accident can be challenging, even if the accident wasn’t too serious. An attorney can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and establish liability for your personal injury claim.
Can Someone Sue You for a Minor Car Accident?
Yes. Someone could sue you after a minor car accident if they believe you were negligent and caused their injuries. If the court finds you responsible, you might have to compensate the other party for their medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. When you hire a lawyer soon after a minor car accident, they can protect your interests and help you avoid paying for someone else’s mistakes.
How to Find a Good Car Accident Lawyer
Getting the money you deserve after a minor car accident can be difficult, but finding the right attorney doesn’t have to be. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Research online – Search for local personal injury lawyers with experience handling car accidents like yours. Read through their reviews and testimonials and check their ratings on legal directories.
- Ask for recommendations – When someone you know has a positive experience with an attorney, they won’t forget it. Speak to friends, family, or colleagues who have been in similar situations to see whether they can offer referrals.
- Schedule consultations – Many personal injury lawyers offer free initial consultations. These consultation sessions are great opportunities to discuss your case, assess a prospective lawyer’s experience, and determine if they are a good fit for your needs.
- Consider their experience – Look for a lawyer with experience handling cases similar to yours and a successful track record of obtaining compensation for their clients.
- Assess their communication skills – You should feel comfortable discussing your case with your lawyer. Open lines of communication are key for a successful attorney-client relationship.
Contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. Today
Don’t let a minor car accident turn into a major headache. If you have suffered injuries in a minor car accident in Rhode Island, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. as soon as possible. Our experienced Providence car accident attorneys are here to help you navigate the legal system and obtain the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (401) 751-8855 or fill out our online contact form for a free consultation to discuss your case and learn how we can assist you.