Johnston Personal Injury Lawyers
If you were injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligent actions, you should contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. right now. You might be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party.
An injury can result in various financial, physical, and emotional burdens. Whether you were involved in an accident with a commercial truck or slipped on someone’s icy sidewalk, you likely required medical treatment to heal. It is your right to hold the negligent individual or company liable for the harm they caused.
The Johnston personal injury lawyers of the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. have over 85 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases. We have the resources to investigate accidents and obtain the available evidence to prove fault. You can depend on us to be your advocate and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call us at (401) 751-8855 today for your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 to answer your questions and advise you about your legal options.
Cases the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. Can Take
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we take on a range of personal injury cases in Johnston, RI. We can represent our clients in various legal matters, such as:
- Car accidents – Car accidents commonly happen when a driver behaves carelessly. Distractions, speeding, and other actions can lead to a crash, injuring the occupants of any vehicle involved.
- Dangerous products – Defective products are inherently dangerous to consumers. The manufacturer could be liable for causing a defect resulting in someone’s injury or death.
- Motorcycle accidents – Drivers often ignore motorcyclists on the road. Driver inattention and recklessness place the rider at risk of serious harm in an accident.
- Brain injuries – A traumatic brain injury can occur for many reasons. Whether someone falls from scaffolding on a construction site or hits their head on the steering wheel during a car crash, the damage can lead to significant physical and mental impairments.
- Wrongful death – Surviving family members can pursue a wrongful death case when their loved one dies due to another person’s negligence. The compensation could cover various losses, such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship.
- Nursing home abuse – Staff members in nursing facilities are supposed to provide the medical care and assistance residents need daily. Unfortunately, older adults typically can’t defend themselves during instances of abuse. Many suffer from cognitive illnesses and don’t remember what happened, so the abuse goes unreported.
- Slip and fall – The dangerous conditions on a person’s or company’s property can cause a guest to fall and get hurt. A wet floor, cracked sidewalk, and damaged staircase are common examples of hazards that lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Construction accidents – Construction workers who sustain on-the-job injuries can file a claim with their employer’s workers’ compensation insurer. Benefits are available to pay for reasonable medical care and replace a portion of lost wages. If the accident was caused by another party other than the employer, a person who is injured on a construction site can pursue compensation from the at-fault company or person.
- Birth injuries – A birth injury is one of the most devastating injuries that can happen. You trusted your doctor to provide the necessary care to keep your baby safe. However, their error injured your baby. The medical provider could be held accountable for the losses you suffered.
- Medical malpractice – Radiologists, surgeons, nurses, and other healthcare professionals should provide quality care to their patients. A medical error, such as administering the incorrect medication or using unsterilized surgical tools, can lead to the patient’s injury, illness, or death.
- Dog bite injuries – Dogs bite humans for many reasons. However, the owner has a legal obligation to restrain their dog to prevent an attack and bite injuries. Under the state’s strict liability law, the dog’s owner could be liable for the victim’s medical treatment and other expenses.
- Workplace accidents – Anyone could get hurt at work, whether you’re a receptionist in an office or driver for delivery service. You could be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if your injury occurs while performing your job-related duties.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicyclists often use designated bike lanes to separate themselves from motor vehicles. Unfortunately, a driver could drift into the lane or turn without checking for an approaching biker and cause a crash.
- Spinal cord injuries – Damage to the spinal cord can limit mobility and cause significant pain. Spinal cord injuries commonly occur in motor vehicle accidents, occupational accidents, and falls on dangerous properties.
- Boating accidents – Although boating is an enjoyable pastime, accidents can happen, placing the operator and passengers in danger. Collisions with other vessels, falling overboard, and slipping on the boat commonly lead to injuries.
- Aviation accidents – An airplane accident can be deadly. Whether the crash resulted from pilot error, mechanical malfunction, or poor maintenance, you could hold the airline liable for your injuries or the death of your loved one.
If you were injured in any of these types of accidents, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers in Johnston, RI. We can investigate the cause of your injury and determine who we can pursue compensation from on your behalf.
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Case
When someone else’s negligence leads to your injury, you can file a claim with their liability insurance carrier. The compensation you receive should compensate you for the losses you suffered, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
The insurance company could deny your claim or offer a low settlement that doesn’t adequately cover your total losses. If that happens, you could proceed with a lawsuit.
You can’t pursue punitive damages in an insurance claim, but they might be available in a lawsuit. However, you must show the defendant’s actions involved callous or reckless indifference to the protected rights of others or that ill will or malice motivated their conduct in order for the jury to make this award to you.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases in Rhode Island
You must follow a strict timeframe if you want to sue someone. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases is three years in Rhode Island. That means you must file your lawsuit within three years of the date of your injury. Once the deadline passes, you could lose your right to compensation through the courts.
Contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.
If someone’s negligence or intentional misconduct caused your injuries in an accident, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.. We can review the circumstances to determine whether we can pursue compensation from the at-fault party on your behalf.
Our Johnston personal injury lawyers are ready to fight by your side until the end. Call us at (401) 751-8855 today for your free consultation.