Newport Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the compassionate Newport car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.. Our team of experienced attorneys and staff understand that being in a car accident can be traumatic, and dealing with the aftermath can be trying for the victim and their family. Some common injuries that victims of car accidents can suffer include broken bones, severe bruising, torn ligaments, brain injury, head, neck, and spine trauma, among other things. All this can mean ongoing trips to the doctor, lost wages, and missed time with friends and family.
Unfortunately, car accidents are often caused by another party’s negligence or wrongdoing. If you were injured due to another party’s recklessness or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to compensation for expenses such as past and future medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To discuss whether you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries resulting from a car accident, contact the experienced and compassionate Newport car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today by calling (401) 751-8855.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Understanding the legalities around a car accident can be confusing and frustrating. An experienced an attorney can help in numerous ways. An attorney will know:
- How to gather the evidence most relevant to your case
- What legal causes of action you may have against those who have harmed you
- Who may be potentially held liable for your injuries
- To what types of compensation you may be entitled
Additionally, an attorney may consult with experts to calculate the amount of compensation to which you may be entitled. They can also speak with other attorneys, insurance representatives, and other professionals to ensure that you are not pressured into taking a settlement for less than you deserve.
After an accident, you should focus on healing, not a lawsuit. Let an attorney worry about the law and securing compensation for you.
Why Choose Us?
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we have been helping clients in Newport and nationwide with their personal injury claims for over forty years. We understand that each client’s case and needs are different. That is why we strive to treat each client with understanding, respect, and the individualized attention they deserve. When one of our clients has been harmed, we seek to find justice and ensure their rights are preserved.
We have successfully collected hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients over the years, and you can trust that we won’t stop fighting until you get the compensation which you are owed. Our dedicated team does not get paid until you get the compensation you deserve.
Cases We Handle
Our practice at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. is focused on personal injury law, including car accidents. Car accidents can happen under a variety of circumstances and have the ability to leave the victim and their family dealing with many short- and long-term consequences. Unfortunately, car accidents are somewhat common on U.S. roadways. Every year in the U.S., over 32,000 people die in car accidents, and another 2 million people are injured or disabled.
Some common causes of car accidents include:
- Driver Error
- Driver Distractions
- Reckless Driving
- Negligent Driving
- Manufacturer Defect
- Poorly Maintained Roadways
- Debris on Roads
- Hazardous Construction Sites
- Faulty Road Design
While these are some causes of car accidents, this list is not all-inclusive. In some instances, a car accident can be caused by numerous factors and more than one party may be at fault. Determining fault and liability can be challenging. When the government is a party to the lawsuit, such as in an accident caused by road conditions, the procedural and legal technicalities can be even more complex. Additionally, taking on a large corporation, such as a car manufacturer, can complicate the legal claim. The experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. can help no matter what the details of your accident are.
What You Should Do After A Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, there are certain steps to take to help ensure your safety and help your legal claim go as smoothly as possible:
- Move to a safe place if your car is fine to drive and it is possible; if not, stay put. If you are involved in a multi-car accident, stay in your car until all cars involved have stopped moving.
- Stop your vehicle and get out, unless it is unsafe to do so, or you are injured too badly to move.
- Check on other parties involved in the crash and see if they need assistance.
- Contact the police, even in a minor a crash, as a police report can be very useful in a future insurance or legal claim. Be honest and cooperate with the police, but do not admit fault or blame others at the scene.
- Collect information, including:
- Driver and passenger names from all vehicles involved
- Contact information for all witnesses
- Name and badge number of responding police officers
- License plate number
- Insurance information
- Makes and models of all vehicles involved
- Date, time, and location of the accidents
- Photos of the scene and damage to vehicles
- Seek medical attention, even if you do not feel badly hurt. Sometimes, injuries are not immediately apparent, such as with head injuries. Be sure to keep track of all your medical paperwork for your claim.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you get in contact with a lawyer, the sooner they can start collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, and putting together a compelling claim for you.
If you were unable to complete any of these steps, do not panic. Contact a lawyer from the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. as soon as possible and we can figure out the best legal course of action for you.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the experienced and understanding Newport car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today. We understand that dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be life altering and challenging for the victim and their family. If you or your loved one’s injuries were caused by another party’s recklessness or wrongdoing, we do not believe that you should have to bear all the consequences and ensuing financial burdens by yourself. We believe in holding those accountable liable for their actions. To discuss the facts of your case and to learn more about to what types of compensation you may be entitled, contact the experienced and compassionate Newport attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today by calling (401) 751-8855.