South Kingstown Personal Injury Lawyers
If someone’s negligence caused your injury in an accident, you might be entitled to financial compensation. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we have over 85 years of combined experience representing accident victims in personal injury cases.
Preventable injuries and illnesses can take a toll on a person’s life. They can lead to physical, financial, and emotional strain. Whether you sustained a minor injury in a slip and fall or life-threatening injuries in a commercial truck accident, you deserve the opportunity to hold the negligent party liable. Our legal team can help you pursue the money you’re owed so you can afford your medical treatment and other expenses.
The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. has a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers in South Kingstown, RI. We are ready to take on your personal injury case and seek the justice you deserve. We will advocate for your rights and fight by your side until the end.
For a free consultation to learn more about your legal options after an accident, call us at (401) 751-8855 right now.
Cases We Handle
The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. represents injured clients in a range of personal injury cases, such as:
- Brain injuries – A brain injury can result from an accident at work, a motor vehicle crash, or medical malpractice. Significant damage could occur and lead to debilitating symptoms, such as headaches, dizziness, and confusion.
- Car accidents – A car accident typically happens when a driver makes an error at the wheel. According to statistics gathered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an estimated 38,680 people died in traffic-related crashes in 2020. This represents a 7.2 percent increase from traffic fatalities the previous year.
- Nursing home abuse – Most people don’t worry about whether their loved ones will be safe in a nursing home. Unfortunately, older adults are vulnerable to abuse and neglect at the hands of their caretakers.
- Dangerous products – Defects make consumer products inherently dangerous. Even if you use the product as intended, you could suffer a serious injury.
- Slip and fall – If a property owner fails to maintain their property, a guest could fall and get hurt. The owner could be held liable for the dangerous conditions resulting in someone’s injury.
- Medical malpractice – A doctor could prescribe the wrong medication or provide inadequate post-operative care. Injuries and fatalities occur when medical providers make errors while treating their patients.
- Spinal cord injury – A spinal cord injury can cause physical impairments. You could seek compensation if someone else caused the incident that led to your injury.
- Motorcycle accidents – Drivers can find it challenging to see motorcycles on the road. A motorcyclist could get sideswiped by a careless driver turning or changing lanes.
- Construction accidents – Construction workers often face hazards at work. On-the-job injuries and illnesses entitle employees to workers’ compensation benefits, such as medical care. If you’re a visitor to a construction site and get hurt by hazardous conditions onsite, you may be able to pursue compensation.
- Dog bite injuries – Rhode Island is a strict liability state. That means the owner or keeper of a dog can be held liable for injuring a person. A financial recovery could cover medical costs, lost wages, and other losses suffered from the bite.
- Aviation accidents – Pilot error, poor maintenance, malfunctioning equipment, and various other factors can cause a plane to crash. The airline could become financially responsible if it were at fault for the accident resulting in your loved one’s death.
- Birth injuries – One of the most devastating injuries that can occur is an injury to your baby. If the doctor’s error caused your baby harm, you could file a claim to pursue compensation for their misconduct.
- Wrongful death – You might be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, funeral costs, and loss of companionship if you lost a family member due to someone else’s negligence.
- Boating accidents – Falls overboard, drowning, and vessel collisions commonly lead to boat occupant injuries. The operator might be to blame for the accident.
- Bicycle accidents – Typically, you can use a bike lane while riding your bicycle. However, an inattentive driver might drift into your lane or fail to yield at a crosswalk, crashing directly into you.
If your injury happened in any of the scenarios above, do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.. One of our personal injury lawyers in South Kingstown, RI, can review the circumstances and determine whether you have a case to pursue.
Compensation for a Personal Injury Case
If the at-fault party has liability insurance, you could file a claim with their insurance company. The settlement you receive should compensate you for your losses, such as:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical bills
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Insurance companies want to save money. Offering the highest possible settlement amount isn’t their goal. If they can find a reason to provide a low offer or deny your claim altogether, they will. It might be necessary to file a lawsuit if you can’t recover the money you’re entitled to during an insurance claim.
Punitive damages are available in personal injury lawsuits. However, you must show the defendant’s actions were motivated by ill will or malice or involved callous or reckless indifference towards the rights of others.
Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases
Rhode Island has a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. That means you have three years from the accident date to file your lawsuit. If the statute expires before you can file, you will likely lose your right to compensation.
Although three years seems like enough time to prepare your case, the deadline may seem to creep up on you quickly. If you decide you want to file an insurance claim first, it might take many months or years to receive an offer from the insurance company. They could even deny your claim after the statute has already passed, preventing you from filing a lawsuit.
You should reach out to the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. immediately after the accident so we can start working on your case. We can review the available insurance coverage and create a plan to seek the maximum settlement. We will handle the process efficiently and file a lawsuit before the deadline if necessary.
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we understand the trauma you experienced. Another person or a company is responsible for the injury you sustained. You shouldn’t be forced to handle your personal injury case while seeking treatment with your doctors. Let us relieve your burden and take on the negligent party on your behalf.
If you were injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligent behavior, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. immediately. Our South Kingstown personal injury lawyers know what it takes to get the job done. We will provide the quality representation and services you need to heal and move forward with your life.
Call (401) 751-8855 for a free consultation.