Fall River Boating Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a boating accident due to someone else’s negligence, the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Ltd, can help you recover compensation for your injuries. In 2015, the U.S. Coast Guard reported 4,158 boating accidents, which resulted in 2,613 injuries and 626 fatalities. These accidents often involve motorboats, personal watercraft, and cabin motorboats. Since these boats do not have certain safety features, such as seatbelts or airbags, operators are likely to suffer an injury if they are involved in a serious accident.
Many boats on lakes, rivers, and the ocean are operated by inexperienced or intoxicated drivers, which can lead to catastrophic injuries for victims. State, federal and international maritime laws each have their own regulations regarding operating watercraft, so establishing liability for a boating accident can be a complicated and lengthy process.
If you or your loved one has suffered severe injuries in a boating accident, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. Our experienced team of Fall River boating accident lawyers can help you explore your legal options. Call us for a free consultation at (508) 491-1025 now.
How a Boating Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a boating accident, you are not only dealing with devastating injuries and property damage, but you may be facing medical expenses that you are unable to pay. In this case, you may be entitled to recover compensation and damages with the help of a boating accident lawyer.
Massachusetts is a no-fault state, so you will have to seek compensation from an insurance company. Insurance agents are primarily interested in paying you as little as possible to settle your case, and they may employ every tactic to pay you a smaller settlement than you deserve if you are not represented by a skilled attorney.
An insurance rep may also contact you to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries before you have time to even recover from your accident. They may try to use these statements to justify offering you far less money than you need. Before making any statements to an insurance company, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Ltd. so you do not jeopardize the opportunity to get a fair settlement.
Why Choose Us?
The Fall River lawyers at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Ltd. work exclusively on personal injury cases, including boating accidents. We are a family firm with 50 years’ experience, both in and out of the courtroom. When we represent you, you become an extended member of our family. We will dedicate our time and efforts to working tirelessly on your behalf.
Ronald J. Resmini has several decades of experience in tort law and has received the Massachusetts Senior Attorney of the Year award. Other attorneys at our firm include Adam Resmini, who was named a Super Lawyer’s List “Rising Star” from 2011 to 2018, and Sam Sutter, who is a recipient of the Lawyer of the Year award.
Our main priority is our clients, so your initial consultation is free. We do not receive any money unless we win your case. No matter the cause of your boating accident, we can negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive proper compensation for your injuries.
Types of Boating Cases We Handle
With so many people operating watercraft on the lakes, rivers, and ocean waters of Massachusetts, using recreational watercraft can sometimes be hazardous. Many individuals have limited experience operating boats or they drive recklessly, posing a danger to other recreational boaters on the water.
Boat collisions can be caused by factors such as:
- Impaired Operation – Impaired operating is the number one cause of fatal boating accidents. Boating is highly dangerous when the operator of a boat is drunk. Alcohol use can impair a boat operator’s ability to think clearly and focus on boating in a responsible manner.
- Operator Inexperience – Although learning to operate a boat may not take a long time, many inexperienced operators can cause accidents. Taking a boating class is recommended, but it is also necessary to gain experience operating a boat to avoid making serious mistakes in the future.
- Distracted Operation – Some boaters are not paying close attention while operating a craft on the water. Distracted boating is one of the main cause of boating accidents. Boaters need to be aware of their surroundings all the time.
- Excessive Speeding – Maintaining a safe speed on a boat is crucial since speed is a major factor when making safe turns and avoiding other vessels. Operating a boat in certain types of water may allow for higher speeds than driving in other types of water, such as open still water versus crowded, choppy water.
- Boat Maintenance – Keeping up with maintenance is a large part of owning a boat. Boating accidents can happen because of faulty equipment or parts. For example, GPS failure could run your boat into shallow waters or rocks. Carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty equipment is also a serious concern.
- Dangerous Waters and Wakes – Hazardous waters, big waves, and wakes can cause serious boat accidents. Strong currents, hidden rocks, and shallow waters can cause severe injuries to boat operators if they are not careful. Weather-related waves or artificially caused wakes from other boats are also dangerous if not navigated properly.
- Severe Weather – Weather can turn bad quickly on any body of water. Boaters should be aware of the weather forecast before heading out. Dangers can arise from a severe storm, especially on a large body of water.
If you were injured in a boating accident involving any of these situations, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Ltd., today to discuss the details of your case.
Contact our Fall River Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in an accident involving a boat, you need to consult with our experienced Fall River accident lawyers. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., we will fight for the compensation you deserve so that you can focus solely on your recovery and your health.
We will help you through every step of dealing with your boat accident claim, whether it goes to settlement or trial. You may fill out a contact form, or call us (508) 491-1025 to schedule a free consultation today.