You never plan to be hurt in a serious accident. You certainly never intend for it to be life-changing. If the accident was due to another person’s carelessness or negligence, you may feel confused about what to do next. As the medical bills mount up and you are unable to work or go about your daily routine, you might wonder what your legal options are.
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we are here to help you through this difficult time. We understand that dealing with insurance companies and their attorneys can be overwhelming when you are already trying to recover from an accident. Contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. at (401) 751-8855 today for a confidential consultation where we can review your case and discuss your options.
With more than four decades of legal experience, we’ve seen it all. Following is a listing of the most common types of cases that we handle.
- Birth Injuries. If your child was harmed due to a medical error during delivery, they could be facing a lifetime of disability and pain. You are entitled to compensation on behalf of your child to help pay for their care.
- Medical Malpractice. We hope that doctors and medical staff never make mistakes and that when they do, they admit to them and work to correct them. Sadly, this does not always happen. If you or a loved one have been harmed due to medical malpractice, you need someone at your side who understands the profession.
- Social Security Disability. According to statistics, over half of all Social Security disability claims are denied upon first being submitted. You should have an attorney who can evaluate your claim and advise you about how it can be promptly appealed so that you can receive the benefits you need.
- Auto Accidents. The average person spends several hours a day in their car. That means you have several hours when you are at risk of being involved in an accident. Whether it is a minor bump in a parking lot or a serious crash on the highway, you should not suffer because of another person’s carelessness on the road.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Even wearing a helmet and obeying the rules of the road will not protect you if you are hit by a larger, heavier car. You should not have to pay for another person’s negligence just because you are riding on two wheels.
- Truck Accidents. Everyone has a big rig scare story or has seen another car nearly struck by an 18-wheeler on the highway. These massive vehicles have weight and speed on their side, and you need an attorney who can help you with your insurance claim if you get hit by one.
- Dangerous Products. Anything you buy from the store is supposed to be safe. If it is broken at the shop or designed poorly in the factory, you may have a claim if you are injured because of a defective product.
- Nursing Home Negligence. No one likes to think of their loved one being harmed in a care facility, but sometimes it happens. If you believe a relative is being mistreated in a nursing home, you could pursue compensation on their behalf.
- Work Injuries. Being injured on the job means taking time away from work, lost wages, and aggravation. It can also mean questions about worker’s compensation, private insurance, and third-party liability. The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. can answer those questions and help you get just compensation for your injuries.
- Dog Bite Injury. A dog bite can occur in a public place or even in a friend’s home. In either scenario, let us help you get the compensation you need to cover the treatment for your injuries.
- Slip & Fall Injury. Property owners, managers, and others who maintain property have a duty to keep their facilities safe and free of hazards for anyone who uses them. If the floors are slippery or the stairways too dark to navigate safely, your injuries could be their responsibility.
- Wrongful Death. Money won’t make up for losing a loved one because of another’s careless or reckless behavior, but you are entitled at least to some compensation for your loss and the cost of any treatment or bills you might have incurred.
- Actos Bladder Cancer. A number of cancer cases and cancer-related deaths are believed to have been caused by the drug Actos. If you think you are one of them, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today.
- Asbestos and Toxic Torts. There is still a wide range of toxic chemicals present in houses and office buildings today, ranging from asbestos, lead paint, and toxic mold spores to more exotic chemicals. These lawsuits require attorneys knowledgeable in a particular area of law, such as those of the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd..
- Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer linked to industrial asbestos use. If you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos in military or commercial settings, contact us right away.
- Aviation Accident. From light planes and helicopters to commercial jets, these accidents are almost certainly catastrophic. If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you should seek legal assistance in obtaining just compensation.
- Bad Faith Insurance. If your insurance company tries to lowball your claim, doesn’t return your calls, or fails to pay on a covered claim, that is called “dealing in bad faith.” You may find yourself engaged in legal action against your own company in an effort to get a fair insurance payment.
- Bicycle Accidents. These are as frequent as car accidents and are more likely to cause serious injury. When you are hit by a car while cycling, you will need someone on your side to stand up to the bigger vehicle.
- Boating Accidents. Boating may be an enjoyable recreation or an essential livelihood. In either case, an accident on your boat can be devastating to you, your crew, and your income.
- Head / Brain Injuries. An injury to the head could involve the brain itself or to one of the sensory organs, such as the eyes, ears, or mouth. Any of these injuries can be life-altering and require years of medical care and costly therapy.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Just below the head is your delicate spine. An injury here can result in nerve damage leading to loss of sensation in the hands and feet, loss of mobility, and even permanent paralysis.
- Workers Compensation. When you are injured on the job, you should be covered by workers’ compensation insurance from your employer. That may not be the only alternative. How and when to use workers’ compensation should be discussed with an attorney.
- Rollover Accidents. A rollover accident is serious because of the potential for the vehicle’s occupants to be tossed about inside or ejected from the passenger compartment. Serious injuries will almost certainly result.
- Drugs or Alcohol. Drunk or impaired driving can be proof that the other driver was at fault in an accident. Rhode Island also has a Liquor Liability Act, a so-called “dram shop law” that makes restaurants and bars liable for serving alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person who then causes an accident or anyone under the age of 21.
- Snow and Ice Injury. Snow removal on a property is the responsibility of the owner. Safe driving in winter is the duty of the drivers. Injury suffered in snow and ice conditions should be properly compensated when you are not at fault.
- School Bus Accidents. You want your child to be as safe as possible on a bus, and not all accidents aboard the bus can be controlled by the school or the driver. The school should be liable for any accidents they could have prevented or mitigated through their actions.
- Pool Accidents. Rhode Island has laws about swimming pools and fences. Nevertheless, accidents happen each summer. If you’ve had a swimming pool accident, contact legal assistance immediately.
- Personal Injury. Any injury that happens to you or a loved one is a personal injury. If it happens to your property, it is property damage. If either of these weren’t your fault, you may have a personal injury case.
- Distracted Driving. Texting, phone calls, even fiddling with the radio can distract a driver into causing an accident. Distracted driving is negligent driving, and when it causes an accident, the victim should receive fair compensation.
- Commercial Accidents. Accidents that involve heavy equipment or commercial sites are typical commercial accidents. If you have been involved in such an accident, you will need your own attorney to help you with the case.
- Catastrophic Injury. When an injury changes the entire course of your life, you may need years or decades to recover. You might never fully return to normal living. This kind of injury will leave you with a need for caregivers or constant therapy.
- Construction Accidents. Construction sites are filled with potential danger. Accidents happen too often and are often disregarded by the workers and supervisors alike. Get the proper compensation if you suffer an on-site injury.
- Talcum Powder. Recent medical evidence suggests that talcum powder may cause ovarian cancer and lung cancer. A number of lawsuits have begun against manufacturers. If you believe you may have such a case, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today.
Founding attorney Ronald J. Resmini has been in practice since 1969 and brings a wealth of knowledge to the practice of personal injury law. Our practice is limited to personal injury law, and this focus has allowed us to become a Rhode Island “name” in the field. The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. is a family business, and we believe in treating our clients like family, too.
We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family, that your world has been turned upside down by this event. Whether it is a catastrophic injury or a minor accident, it has upended your life. We will take the time to listen to your story and help you get the compensation you deserve.
How We Can Help
After an accident, you may not be sure what needs to be done. First, take a deep breath. Next, begin gathering all the documents relevant to your accident. That could include doctor’s reports and bills, police reports, names of witnesses, and even notes you might have taken at the time of the accident.
Then call an attorney. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we will take this information and begin reviewing your case. If you have already filed an insurance claim, we can help you with talking to the insurance adjuster and telling you what other documents they might need. If the insurers are refusing your claim, it might be time to file a lawsuit.
Call the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. at (401) 751-8855 today. We will give you a confidential consultation and review of your case and help you get started with the paperwork. Your time is limited. In Rhode Island, you have three years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim, and after that, you lose the right to sue. Give us a call today so we can get started on your case.