If you have suffered an injury at work, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. to get help with your workers’ compensation claim. In Rhode Island, you are entitled to worker’s compensation from your employer after an accident on the job. While the process might seem simple initially, sometimes the amount you are offered is inadequate to cover all your expenses.
There are many limitations to worker’s compensation claims. If you do not fill out the form perfectly, your claim might get stalled and you might not receive your compensation when you need it. The law itself dictates what damages you can and cannot ask for in a worker’s comp claim. It also prevents you from suing your employer or asking for punitive damages, even if you feel they were particularly negligent or deliberate in causing your accident. Often, the insurance representative will play down your injuries to try to pay you as little as possible, regardless of your circumstances. In some extreme cases, your employer might try to avoid paying you worker’s comp altogether. These and other factors make worker’s compensation an especially tricky claim to tackle.
To ensure that you receive the full amount that you need and that your claim is processed smoothly, you need the help of a worker’s compensation lawyer. Contact the compassionate and knowledgeable Warwick workers’ compensation attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. to learn about your rights and your possibilities to recover more money for workers’ compensation. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (401) 751-8855.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
Employers are only required to pay worker’s compensation for economic damages, such as medical bills. This means that worker’s compensation cannot provide you any relief for very real consequences, such as permanent disability, reduced ability to work, disfigurement, and pain and suffering. A worker’s compensation attorney will be able to examine your case and determine ways to recover compensation for these non-economic damages, such as identifying a responsible third-party, finding a way to sue your employer despite worker’s compensation stipulations, and negotiating with the insurance agents.
Worker’s compensation lawyers know the limits of worker’s compensation and how to achieve the optimal result for you and your recovery. They can help you file your claim to ensure it is processed as quickly as possible without errors. Their knowledge and guidance are invaluable at this crucial moment in your life.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.
Mr. Ronald J. Resmini has been a personal injury attorney for more than 50 years. He works alongside equally qualified personal injury attorneys to provide you with the resources you need to get the compensation you deserve. Mr. Resmini has been named one of Rhode Island’s Foremost Trial Attorneys.
Our dedicated attorneys understand how hard it is to be injured at the workplace and left struggling to pay your bills. We will look out for your best interests and support you through this hard time. We will work endlessly to get you the compensation you deserve from whatever avenues are available.
We have recovered millions for our clients, and we’re ready to do the same for you. We only practice personal injury law, so you know that you are taking your case to a dedicated and knowledgeable firm. Our priority is your success and happiness, not our bottom line. That’s why we don’t charge any attorney fees unless and until we win your case.
Cases We Handle
- Over-exertion: If there has been excessive pushing or pulling of a heavy object, this can cause over-exertion on a person’s back or knees, leading to a serious injury that could prevent employees from working for a long time.
- Slip, trip, or fall: It is not uncommon for an employee to slip, trip, or fall by accident. This could lead to serious injury depending on how far they fell, how badly they tripped, or how hard they slipped. These injuries could vary, but they can nonetheless be very painful and serious.
- Dangerous use of or contact with equipment: Some jobs require handling dangerous machinery. If this machinery malfunctions or proper safety precautions are not in place, serious injuries can occur.
- Workplace violence: If you were injured because of another employee’s behavior, you still may be eligible for worker’s compensation. Because the accident happened in the workplace, the company is partially responsible for providing that compensation.
- Vehicle accidents: If your job requires you to use a vehicle, including driving on highways, and you suffer an accident, you may be entitled to worker’s compensation.
- Struck by a falling object: If an unsecured object falls off a shelf, whoever is below it may be hurt very badly.
Even when your injury is an accident, your company and employer are still responsible for compensating you. If you have been injured at your workplace for these or other reasons and you have not gotten the compensation you need, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today.
Contact Us Today
If you have been denied workers compensation for an injury that has happened in the workplace or if you have not received enough workers’ compensation to cover your injuries, call the dedicated Warwick workers’ compensation attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today for a free case evaluation.
Our attorneys are experienced in dealing with workers’ compensation cases and have gotten clients the compensation they deserve after they have suffered an injury. Learn about your rights today, and call us at (401) 751-8855, or fill out a contact form to speak to a knowledgeable attorney who is ready to help you.