Newport Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact the experienced and compassionate Newport truck accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today. Truck accidents can leave the victim and their family dealing with many short and long-term physical and emotional consequences. Due to the massive weight and size of trucks, they may be difficult to control and stop. As such, they have the ability to cause serious injuries and even death when they are involved in an accident.
Victims of truck accidents can face injuries such as broken bones, brain damage, paralysis, torn ligaments, severe bruising, and head, neck, and spine trauma, among other things. These ailments can mean ongoing trips to medical professionals, as well as lost wages and missed time with friends and family. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we do not believe that you should have to deal with the financial burdens resulting from a truck accident alone.
If you or a loved one was injured in a trucking accident due to another party’s carelessness or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to compensation for expenses including past, present, and future medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To discuss the facts of your case and learn more about what recourse you may have against those responsible for your injuries, contact the compassionate and knowledgeable Newport truck accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today by calling (401) 751-8855.
Why You Need a Lawyer
The recovery after a truck accident is a long and painful process. During a time when you should be focused on healing, you do not need to be worried about complex and frustrating legalities. An experienced attorney can help you:
- Determine what compensation you may be owed
- Identify what course of action you may have against those responsible for your injuries
- Identify who may be potentially liable or at fault for causing your injuries, which can be very complicated in a truck accident case
- Gather the relevant evidence to strengthen your case, which involves combing through a massive amount of information in truck accident cases
In addition, attorneys often consult with other experts, such as those who can help determine to how much compensation you may be owed based on past, present, and future needs, injuries, and outcomes. Further, an attorney can talk with other attorneys and professional representatives to help ensure that you do not get pressured into accepting a settlement that you are not comfortable with and for less than what you may really deserve.
Why Choose Us?
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we believe in treating our clients with respect and compassion. We understand that when a person walks through our door, they have already experienced some sort of traumatic experience. As such, we seek to help alleviate some of their stress by getting them the compensation to which they are owed, ensuring that those liable for their injuries are held accountable, and protecting their rights.
We have collected hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients over the years, including $4.25 million in a single truck accident case, and you can trust that we won’t stop fighting until you get the money you may be owed. We do not collect our attorney’s fee from clients until they get paid. We also offer free initial consultations, so you can find out how we can help you before officially hiring us.
Cases We Handle
Truck accidents are some of the most dangerous and deadly accidents possible. Unfortunately, truck accidents are somewhat common on U.S. roadways. Truck accident fatalities have been increasing over the past five years, with 3,986 fatalities in 2016. Additionally, truck accidents are the cause of roughly 260,000 injuries each year. With over 71% of goods in the United States being moved by commercial trucks, the trucking industry is expected to continue to grow, meaning more trucks on the road and more potential accidents.
Many truck accidents are caused by another party’s recklessness or wrongdoing. Some common causes of truck accidents that can result in another party being liable for your injuries include:
- Employer negligence
- Driver negligence
- Driver recklessness
- Distracted driver
- Driver fatigue
- Improper driver training
- Failure to properly maintain the truck and equipment
- Overloading the truck
- Improperly securing the truck’s load
- Manufacturer defect
- Hazardous and poorly maintained roadways
- Construction site hazards
Determining the precise cause and liable parties for your accident may not be easy. Sometimes, even a case that seems obvious, such as a truck driver who fell asleep at the wheel, may be more complicated, such as if their employer forced them to drive longer than is legally allowed.
If you have been in a truck accident, consulting with an experienced attorney at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. to discuss the specific facts of your case is the best thing you can do for yourself. We can investigate your accident to discover exactly what happened and why, and help you hold the responsible parties accountable.
What Should You Do If You Have Been Hurt In a Truck Accident
An accident can happen in the blink of an eye, forever altering your life. Often after an accident, people may experience shock and be confused. However, if you have been in a truck accident, there are some important steps to take if you are able. These include:
- Stay inside your car until all vehicles involved in the accident have come to a stop. Truck accidents can involve multiple vehicles, so it is important that all cars have stopped before exiting your vehicle, so you do not get injured further. After all cars have come to a halt, get to a safe place near the accident site, and exit your car, if possible.
- Check to see if others involved in the accident need help and call emergency vehicles, if necessary.
- Call the police. Having a police report can be very useful for future legal and insurance claims. Cooperate fully with the police, but do not admit fault for causing the accident and do not blame others at the scene.
- Gather as much information from the accident as possible, including:
- The names and contact information of drivers and passengers from all vehicles involved in the accident
- The license plate numbers, make, model, and year of all vehicles involved in the crash
- Insurance information for all vehicles involved in the crash
- Responding police officer’s name and badge number
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Photos of accident scene and damage done to vehicles
- Seek treatment from a medical professional. Even if you feel fine, you may have injuries that you are unaware of. Keep track of all documentation from these visits for your future legal claim.
- Contact a car accident attorney. The sooner we start working on your case, the easier it will be to find relevant evidence.
If you are unable to complete any of these steps for any reason, it is even more important to call the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. as soon as you can. We can gather the evidence that you were unable to after your accident to ensure that no crucial detail of your case is left out.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a truck accident, contact the experienced and compassionate Newport attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. to learn more about who may be liable for your injuries and what types of compensation you may be entitled to. Car accidents can be traumatic for the victim and their family, leaving them with many life-altering consequences. We do not believe that you should go through this trying time alone, or carry the financial burden by yourself. To seek justice from the person responsible for your injuries, and to get the compensation you are owed, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today by calling (401) 751-8855.