Newport Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the experienced and compassionate Newport motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. to learn about your legal rights, and to what types of compensation you may be entitled. Being in a motorcycle accident can be a traumatic experience for the victim and their family.
Victims of motorcycle accidents may face injuries such as broken bones, amputation, torn ligaments, brain damage, paralysis, head, and neck and spine trauma, among other things. Trying to heal these ailments can take time and may require ongoing trips to doctors and other professionals. All this can mean mounting medical bills, lost wages, and missed time with family and friends. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., we believe that those responsible for causing your harm should be held accountable for their actions and compensate you for your injuries.
If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one as the result of a motorcycle accident caused by another party’s reckless or wrongful behavior, you may be entitled to compensation for expenses including past, present, and future medical bills, lost wages, damaged property, and pain and suffering. To discuss what recourse you may have against those who harmed you, contact the knowledgeable and understanding motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. today by calling (401) 367-4655.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Understanding the law around motorcycle accidents can be confusing, and can become even more complex when multiple parties are involved. An attorney can help because they know the law and the legal process, and they can:
- Evaluate the strength of your case and determine what legal recourse you may have against those who harmed you
- Identify who may be potentially liable for your injuries
- Gather evidence that helps make your case stronger
Additionally, an attorney will have experts with whom they can consult to help determine what the victim’s future needs will be in order to calculate how much compensation the victim is owed. Attorneys are also used to having to talk with other attorneys and professionals. This, coupled with expert opinions, can help ensure that you get the compensation you deserve, and that you do not accept a settlement that is too low.
Having an experienced lawyer represent your interest if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident can help ensure that your rights are protected, you are treated fairly, and you get the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
Our team of experienced attorneys in Newport have been helping clients injured in motorcycle accidents for over forty years. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., we understand that when a client comes to us, they have already been through a difficult time. That is why we strive to treat each client with respect and compassion, and give them the individualized attention they need.
Over the years we have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients, and you can trust that we won’t stop fighting until we get you the compensation to which you may be entitled. We are so confident in our ability to win your case that we do not get paid until you get the compensation you deserve.
Cases We Handle
In 2015, 4,976 motorcyclists were killed in accidents. This was an eight percent increase in deaths over the previous year. Additionally, approximately 88,000 people were injured in motorcycle accidents in 2015.
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents can often occur because another party acted recklessly or wrongfully. When a motorcycle accident is caused by another party’s recklessness or wrongdoing, they may be liable to you for any resulting injuries. Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Negligent driving
- Hazardous road conditions
- Poor visibility
- Poorly maintained roads
- Debris on roadways
- Improper or blocked roadway signs
- Construction site hazards
- Manufacturer defect
- Equipment failure
These kinds of motorcycle accidents are usually caused by another party’s negligence, and thus allow you to recover compensation. However, there are other motorcycle accidents not listed here that you can similarly pursue compensation for. Since each case is different, contacting an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. to discuss the facts surrounding your accident can be helpful.
What Should You Do If You Have Been In A Motorcycle Accident
In the immediate aftermath of a motorcycle accident, you may be feeling confused and shocked. If you are able, however, try to take these steps after the accident:
- Get to safe place, out of further harm’s way, if possible.
- Check yourself for injuries and get medical attention immediately, if needed. If you are well enough, check to see if other parties involved in the accident need assistance.
- Call the police. A police report can be very useful for future legal and insurance claims. While you should cooperate with the police, do not admit fault for the accident or blame anyone else at the scene.
- Gather information, including:
- The names and contact information for all drivers and passengers involved in the accident
- The names and contact information for any witnesses
- Insurance information for all other vehicles involved in the accident
- Make and model of each vehicle involved in the accident
- Names and badge numbers of the responding police officers
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Seek an exam by a medical professional. It is important to remember that some injuries may take time to manifest, so even if you feel fine, visit a doctor.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney.
Even if you are unable for whatever reason to follow all of these steps, you can still recover compensation for your accident. The sooner you call the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., the sooner we can start investigating your accident and working on your claim.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the experienced and compassionate Newport motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. today. Dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be a long and trying process during which time you should be focused on healing, not on legalities. Whether you settle your case out of court, or need an attorney who will zealously represent you all the way through trial, the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. have you covered. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our Newport attorneys, call us today at (401) 367-4655.