Newport Brain and Head Injury Lawyers
If you suffered a brain or head injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, upwards of 2 million people experience a traumatic brain injury each year. This means that 1 in every 2,500 people is hospitalized for this condition and is at risk for permanent brain damage. If your injury was someone else’s fault, they should be held responsible.
The head is, without a doubt, the most sensitive part of the body. Injuries to our head or brain have a higher risk of resulting in a fatality or causing damage that will severely impact the quality of life. If you or a loved one recently endured a head or brain injury and someone else’s’ negligence is to blame, you may be entitled to compensation.
The Newport brain and head injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., have years of experience fighting personal injury cases like yours. Our dedication to our clients and our successful track record are what make us some of Rhode Island’s top legal consultants. Call (401) 367-4655 or fill out an online contact form to receive a free initial consultation regarding the details of your case.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you or a loved one have recently suffered a head or brain injury, your top priority should be your recovery. By trying to file a claim on your own, you are taking precious time away from improving your health and you may be prolonging the duration of your injury.
In addition, the law surrounding personal injury claims is complicated. Without an understanding of the complex processes involved, you will significantly decrease your chance of receiving compensation. A lawyer, on the other hand, has extensive legal training and will be able to answer questions and pursue evidence at a much quicker rate. An attorney will alleviate your stress and burden so that you can focus on getting better.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD?
Our attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., have years of experience helping the people of Newport with their claims cases. We believe that we have a moral obligation to make sure that those who harm others are brought to justice and that victims are given the compensation they deserve. Our dedication is what has allowed us to acquire hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.
When you are pursuing a claim involving a head or brain injury, you will need a lawyer with a certain level of legal prowess, who is responsible, hardworking, and committed to your cause. These are all phrases commonly used to describe the attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. We are confident that we have what it takes to fight for you – so much so that you will not pay unless we win.
Types of Cases We Handle
Traumatic brain injuries can go weeks without presenting symptoms or being properly detected. You may begin to feel moody, more irritable, experience a change in personality, or even lose some of your cognitive abilities. Brain and head injuries are serious and should be treated immediately, so do not hesitate to seek medical attention after an accident.
Scenarios that may result in a head injury include:
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- Car or Motorcycle Accident
- Athletic Injuries
- Defective Equipment or Unsafe Working Conditions
- Domestic Abuse
- Medical Malpractice
If you experienced any one of these situations, there are different types of compensation available to pursue. Among the most common are:
- Medical Expenses – Treatment for a brain or head injury is extremely expensive. You may also have to pay for future rehabilitation or necessary medical equipment if the injury is permanent.
- Loss of Wages – Because of the risk of a decrease in cognitive ability, very few doctors and employers will allow you to work after a head injury. You can be compensated for all wages you lose as a result of your injury, including future wages.
- Mental or Emotional Distress – Any brain injury also results in some form of mental or emotional trauma. This may make it difficult to function normally or cause a significant disturbance in your everyday routine.
- Lifetime Care Costs – In some circumstances, an individual will not be able to fully recover from a head or brain trauma. They may need permanent modifications to their home or have to have an on-demand support staff to aid them. This unanticipated expense can be stressful; therefore, it is in your best interest to hold the appropriate parties accountable.
In order to receive any compensation, you will have to provide the appropriate evidence that someone else is liable for the injury, or was negligent. The most common forms of evidence used in these personal injury claims are:
- Witness Testimony – Without witnesses, a claim may essentially be your word against the defendant’s. Collecting eye witness accounts at the scene of the injury is one of the best ways to prove negligence.
- Police Reports – Especially if the situation involved a car or motorcycle, you will want a detailed and objective account of what happened.
- Proof of Injuries – A doctor’s word is a vital asset when pursuing a personal injury claim. You will need to provide an extensive list of the injuries and how they will affect your day-to-day life moving forward.
A lawyer can help you gather the necessary evidence, including deposing witnesses and contacting experts. They can negotiate with the opposing lawyers and insurance agents on your behalf to ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
The Personal Injury Lawyers of Newport, Rhode Island
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., our main concern is bringing justice for our clients in whatever way we can. We have an admiration and respect for the people of Newport and want to ensure that they are not being taken advantage of. Contact our Newport injury attorneys today at (401) 367-4655, email us, or Live Chat us on our website to discuss the details of your case.