Warwick Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a truck in Rhode Island, call the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini at (401) 352-5271 to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Accidents that involve a larger machine like an 18-wheeler or a semi-truck can be much more dangerous than a normal car accident. The weight and the size make the vehicle more difficult to maneuver and make the injuries they cause that much greater. When a car weighing 5,000 lbs collides with an 80,000 lb 18-wheeler, the injuries can be devastating, if not deadly.
If you have been involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or a semi-truck, call the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini and talk to one of our experienced Warwick truck accident lawyers to help get the compensation you deserve. You should not be responsible for the actions of a careless or reckless truck driver, and our experienced lawyers are here to make sure that you get the justice you are owed.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
Truck accidents are some of the most complicated accidents out there. This is because, in addition to the individual driver, you may also have to deal with their employer, the truck manufacturer, those responsible for maintenance, and other parties. There is also much more evidence associated with a truck accident.
Trucking companies will likely employ aggressive attorneys who will try to pay you much less than you deserve. Without legal experience and knowledge, you may not realize that you are being shortchanged, or how to fight back.
A truck accident lawyer will know how to cut through the mountain of evidence to discover who is responsible for your accident and how much compensation you deserve. They will use their knowledge and experience to fight insurance adjusters and corporate lawyers to make sure you are properly compensated. While they work your case, you can sit back and focus on recovering from your accident.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini
Ronald J. Resmini has been a personal injury attorney for over 50 years. He has chosen empathetic and knowledgeable attorneys to join him in the fight to get clients the compensation they deserve from careless truck drivers and companies that have caused accidents and injuries.
The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini have worked countless cases and endless amounts of hours to get clients the compensation they deserve. The dedicated attorneys have years of experience working with clients that have been injured and making sure the responsible parties are held accountable.
We are confident in our ability to win your case. That’s we work on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you won’t owe us anything unless and until we win your case. To recover the maximum possible compensation from the responsible parties after a truck accident, contact us right away to discuss your legal options.
Cases We Handle
Unlike regular car accidents, it is not always obvious who is responsible for truck accidents. Discovering who was liable for your injuries is an extremely important step in recovering the compensation you deserve. At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, we can investigate your accident to determine if it was caused by:
- The Driver: Trucks are extremely difficult vehicles to handle, and their relative size and power make them extraordinarily dangerous on the road. Therefore, their drivers should be extra cautious to avoid causing deadly accidents. When drivers speed, disobey traffic signs, fail to check their blind spots, fail to signal before switching lanes or turning, drive aggressively, drive while distracted, drive drowsy, or drive while drunk, the consequences can be severe.
- Their Employer: Trucking companies are often the ones ultimately responsible for truck accidents, even accidents that appear to be the fault of the driver. Employers have a responsibility to conduct thorough background checks to guard against drivers who might be more likely to drive aggressively or drive while intoxicated. They also are required to adequately train their employees so they know the best practices for safely driving their large, unwieldy vehicles. Legally, truckers are only allowed to drive for a certain amount of time before being required to take breaks, but if an employer overworks their drivers, they could fall asleep on the road and cause accidents. Employers are also required to maintain their vehicles, and a failure to do so could be catastrophic.
- The Mechanic: The huge size of trucks means that there are many more parts and pieces that could fail and cause an accident. If a mechanic was brought in to do maintenance on a truck, but failed to properly repair or maintain the vehicle, the mechanic could be held responsible for your injuries.
- The Manufacturer: The company who originally designed and constructed the truck could also be responsible for your injuries. Sometimes, workers make mistakes when assembling these vehicles, causing them to malfunction later. Other times, the design itself is flawed, meaning that even a perfect assembly and maintenance could still lead to accidents.
Determining which of these parties (it could be more than one) are responsible for your injuries is complicated. There is a huge amount of evidence associated with truck accident cases, from all the information the truck itself records on the road, to employer maintenance logs, employee files, and of course the scene of the accident itself. An experienced truck accident attorney from the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini will know what to look for in this sea of information to find out who caused your accident and how to hold them responsible.
Types of Large Truck Accident Cases We Handle
Large truck accidents can happen for a variety of different reasons, but many times it simply comes down to driver error. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration estimates that up to 87 percent of large truck accidents are the result of driver error. Large trucks are much more difficult to control and maneuver than regular passenger cars. It takes skill and specialized training to be able to operate a vehicle weighing up to 80,000-pounds or pulling unusually shaped or dangerous cargo. Improper training, inexperience, or distractions can all lead to significant and catastrophic trucking accidents.
Unfortunately, when these accidents happen, it is typically the individuals in passenger cars that pay the price. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration finds that in 2017, 72 percent of all fatalities in large truck accidents were the occupants of the other vehicles. When it comes to large truck accidents, the repercussions can be serious or even fatal. That is why victims need experienced and skilled legal representation to get the compensation that they deserve following a collision.
At Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., we can help victims involved in a variety of different circumstances. Some of the large truck accident cases that we handle may be caused by:
- Large and heavy trucks are already difficult vehicles to stop. A speeding truck takes immensely more time to slow and come to a complete stop. The amount of force that a large, speeding truck can place on a passenger vehicle is tremendous and can cause significant damage and injuries.
- Drunk driving is dangerous under any circumstances, but especially so when the impaired driver is behind the wheel of a vehicle that can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Alcohol can slow reaction time, diminish vision, and impact cognition.
- Distracted driving continues to be one of the foremost causes of all vehicle accidents. Texting, phone calls, using a GPS, watching videos, eating, and other behaviors that may save a driver time or keep them entertained may also take their attention off the road.
- In one study, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration found that over-the-counter drug use accounted for 17 percent of large truck accidents. Illegal drug use accounted for at least 2 percent of large truck collisions. Drug use can significantly impair a driver’s judgment, physical reaction time, and even vision.
- Truck drivers are constantly working on tight deadlines, and many may feel pressure to drive long stretches without adequate rest or sleep. This type of behavior is extremely dangerous, and numerous studies, including one by the National Sleep Foundation, have found that drowsy driving is similar in many ways to drunk driving. Lack of sleep can cause confusion, impaired cognition, and a slowing of reflexes.
The legal team at Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. also handles other types of dangerous and devastating accident cases. Many of the circumstances involved in these accidents are exclusive to large or commercial vehicles. The legal team at Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. understands how these types of accidents are caused and what it takes to prove liability and get victims the compensation they need. Some of the most common kinds of accidents we deal with include:
- Lane change accidents
- Blind spot collisions
- Wide turn accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Employer negligence
- Lost load accidents
- Underride/override accidents
- Truck rollover accidents
Contact Us Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident with a truck, the lawyers at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini are prepared to help you. Call us today at (401) 352-5271 for a free case evaluation. Learn about your rights and let our experienced and dedicated truck accident lawyers fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Take the first step to making sure the right person is liable for the injuries they have caused. Do not settle for less. Contact the personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini.