Warwick Blind Spot Truck Accident Lawyers
If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident in Warwick when a truck hit you because they didn’t check their blind spot, Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. can help. The Warwick truck accident attorneys of Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. have over four decades of experience in helping truck accident victims get the help they need to get back on track.
Don’t let trucking companies or insurance providers tell you that you are at fault for a blind spot accident. Call Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. at (401) 352-5271 today and let us stand up for you and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Blind Spot Trucking Accident in Warwick?
After an accident, the last thing on your mind is finding the right attorney. You’re dealing with medical bills, vehicle repairs, insurance claims, and putting your family’s life back together. Trucking companies and insurance companies know this and may try to take advantage of your desire to move on by offering you a settlement far below the amount you deserve.
Having an attorney with experience in blind spot trucking accidents can help take some of the burden off your shoulders. At Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., we can deal with insurance adjusters and trucking companies on your behalf to make sure you are justly compensated for your injuries and damages.
Why Hire Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.?
Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. has been fighting for trucking accident victims in Warwick and elsewhere for over 40 years. Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. is family-owned and family-run. The head of the firm, Ronald J. Resmini, was recently inducted into the Rhode Island Legal Hall of Fame and has written more than a dozen handbooks on personal injury law, trial practices, and domestic relations. As well as being a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Mr. Resmini has won multiple awards for his tireless work as a personal injury attorney, including the Massachusetts Senior Attorney of the Year Award from the Massachusetts Bar Association in 2010. In short, Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. knows how to help you get the justice you deserve in Warwick.
Common Causes of Blind Spot Trucking Accidents in Warwick
An 18-wheeler is a large vehicle. With cargo, a fully loaded semi-truck can be over 60 feet long and weigh over 80,000 pounds, fully three times as long and twenty times the weight of a standard passenger vehicle. Trucks take up an enormous amount of space and are difficult to maneuver in tight quarters due to their size. Blind spot accidents usually occur in what the Federal Motor Safety Carrier Administration calls no-zones. No-zones are the areas around a large truck that a truck driver has difficulty seeing. There are four primary no-zones around a truck:
- The 20 feet directly in front of the cab. This view is usually obscured by the hood and because of the height of the truck.
- Behind and below the driver’s window. Even with large mirrors, unless the driver looks directly outside their window, they cannot see this area.
- Behind and below the passenger’s window. This area is also difficult to see due to the height of the driver’s seat and obstructed view.
- Behind the trailer extending 30 feet. Because trucks cannot get a complete rear view, the area directly behind the trailer is invisible to the driver.
Again, due to the size of the vehicle, these areas are much larger than they would be on a passenger car. That means truck drivers have to be vigilant when changing lanes or making turns. If they don’t check these no-zones before doing so, they have committed what the FMSCA calls inadequate surveillance. This can lead to dangerous accidents.
Although it is the truck driver’s responsibility to drive defensively and check no-zones before turning or changing lanes, you may still be at fault for a blind spot accident if you spend too long in a trucker’s no-zones.
Steps to Take After a Blind Spot Trucking Accident in Warwick
If you’ve just been in a blind spot trucking accident, here are a few steps to take to make sure you stay safe and protect your liability:
- Get to safety. Immediately move your vehicle and any occupants out of traffic and get to a safe place to assess the damage and any injuries.
- Remain calm. It’s important to remember that any collision with a truck is an accident, and though the truck driver may be at fault, they likely did not hit your car with malicious intent.
- Get medical attention. Even if you don’t think the occupants of your vehicle, the truck driver, or you were injured in the crash, contact emergency medical services and advise them of the accident.
- Watch what you say. It’s best not to speak about the circumstances of the accident before speaking to an attorney. Even apologizing to the truck driver for the accident can be seen as an admission of fault, so be on the safe side and don’t talk about who is to blame until after you’ve spoken to an attorney.
- Exchange insurance information. Get the truck driver’s insurance information and any proof of insurance from the trucking company, owner of the truck, or the freight company.
- Start documenting. If possible, take photos of the scene of the accident, the damage to your vehicle, the damage to the truck, the road conditions, or anything else that may be pertinent to an investigation. It’s important to start the process of building a case now before you leave the scene of the accident.
Call Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. Today
Dealing with a blind spot trucking accident can be a difficult process and one you should not undertake on your own. With over 85 years of combined experience, Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. has the expertise to help you fight the insurance and trucking companies and get the compensation you’re due.
You deserve an attorney that has the knowledge to see your case through, from filing a claim to your day in court. Call (401) 352-5271 today for a free, no-obligation consultation, and let Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. put our family to work for yours.