Fall River Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have been the victim of a medical mistake, contact the Fall River medical malpractice attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., today for legal assistance. There are an estimated 100,000 cases of medical malpractice that occur every year in the United States. Medical malpractice can happen due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse, home health care aide, or even a hospital.
We expect quality care whenever we visit a medical professional, but sometimes doctors, nurses, or other health care workers can make a critical mistake that leads to a devastating injury. There is always a chance that a doctor may fail to diagnose a serious illness or make an error during a surgical procedure that will cause serious harm or loss of life for the patient. When this happens, you can hold the responsible parties financially accountable for your losses.
If you are suffering from a catastrophic injury due to medical malpractice, you should not face years of pain and suffering because of someone else’s negligence. Contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. today at (508) 491-1025 for a free consultation, and we can discuss your legal options.
How a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help
If you are severely injured due to a medical provider’s negligence, a Fall River medical malpractice lawyer can assist you in dealing with your claim. Most times, you are not only dealing with the aftermath of an injury, but you may be facing months or years of costly medical expenses and treatment. An experienced and skilled attorney can help you obtain compensation and damages for your injury, illness, or disability to keep you from financial ruin.
Medical malpractice cases can be extremely complicated. Proving malpractice involves meeting many requirements, beyond just showing your outcome was unsatisfactory. A highly experienced medical malpractice attorney will know the expected standards of care in the medical community and have a team of professionals on call to assist in demonstrating that your injury was the direct cause of a health care provider’s error or neglect.
Experienced medical malpractice lawyers will know how to interview witnesses, review medical records, and analyze the facts of your case to ensure that you are not denied the compensation that you deserve. There are strict statutes of limitations for filing malpractice claims, so it is important not to wait to file a claim but to consult an attorney as soon as possible.
Why Choose Us?
The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. work exclusively on personal injury cases, including medical malpractice. We are a family firm with 50 years of experience representing clients in the Fall River area. When we represent you, you become an extended member of our family. Our lawyers will dedicate their time and efforts to working on your behalf.
Ronald J. Resmini has several decades of experience in personal injury law and has received the Massachusetts Senior Attorney of the Year award. Other attorneys at our firm include Adam Resmini, who was named a Super Lawyer’s List “Rising Star” from 2011 to 2018, and Sam Sutter, who is a recipient of the Lawyer of the Year award.
Our main priority is our clients. We are dedicated to representing you both in and out of the courtroom. Our attorneys do not receive any money unless we win your case. We can negotiate with the liable parties to ensure you receive a fair and just settlement for your injuries.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Medical malpractice covers a wide variety of cases. Some of the most common medical malpractice claims we handle at our firm include:
- Surgery – Surgical errors, such as puncturing an organ or operating on the wrong part of the body, can cause serious injury. The doctor may be using improper procedures or may fail to give proper instructions or the correct medication, causing serious harm.
- Diagnostic Errors – A misdiagnosis results in treatments that are not appropriate and cause harm. A failure to diagnose leads to the patient missing opportunities for proper treatment, allowing their illness or injury to get worse.
- Anesthesia – A small error on the part of the anesthesiologist could result in serious permanent injuries, severe brain damage, or death. Medical malpractice occurs when the anesthesiologist fails to investigate a patient’s medical history or to inform the patient of any risks involved.
- Prescription Drug Errors – A victim can suffer a devastating injury by being prescribed the wrong medications by the doctor because of a misdiagnosis, or being treated with the wrong medication because of negligence on the part of the doctor or nurse.
- Childbirth/Labor – The health care provider may make serious mistakes in providing prenatal care to the mother, such as a failure to diagnose or detect birth defects in the womb. They may also make errors during delivery itself, causing permanent injuries to the child or mother.
- Defective Products – Medical malpractice claims can be caused by defective medical devices, such as defibrillators, stents, implants, or pumps. In these cases, you may be able to hold the manufacturer liable in addition to the healthcare provider.
If you suffered injuries as a result of any of these circumstances, or some other situation where you believe a healthcare professional did not behave as they should, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD., as soon as possible.
Proving a Medical Malpractice Case
To prove that medical malpractice occurred, the case must contain the following factors:
- A relationship existed between the doctor and an individual. An individual must have picked the doctor to perform medical duties and the doctor must have provided medical treatment.
- The appropriate standard of health care was violated. A patient has a right to assume that the doctor or health care provider will treat them as well as any reasonable health care provider would in similar circumstances.
- An individual suffered an injury because of a health care provider’s medical negligence. The patient’s injury occurred because of negligence or error on the part of the doctor, nurse, or health care provider.
- An individual suffered significant damage due to the injury caused by the medical provider. Medical malpractice cases require hours of dispositions and testimony from several medical experts to provide compelling evidence of malpractice and demonstrate injury.
A lawyer can help gather the necessary evidence to prove all four of these elements in your case. Contact us today so we can get started on your case, because evidence can disappear the longer you wait.
Contact our Fall River Medical Malpractice Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one is suffering a devastating injury due to medical malpractice, contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. Our Fall River lawyers are committed to working on your behalf, so you can focus on your recovery and move forward with your life. We are ready to help you get the compensation that you deserve. You may fill out a contact form, or call us (508) 491-1025 to schedule a free consultation regarding a medical malpractice claim today.