If you or a loved one were injured while on the job, you should be entitled to financial compensation. Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation laws and regulations require that all employers have some form of workers’ insurance. Rhode Island follows a no-fault system, meaning an employee may qualify for repayment for medical bills, loss of wages, rehabilitation costs, and other damages, regardless of how and why the accident occurred. Despite this, it can be a challenge to recover the full amount of compensation you deserve. If you were injured on the job in Rhode Island, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your options.
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., our deep knowledge of the law has helped us earn millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Our Newport workplace accident attorneys have worked tirelessly for years to help the people of Rhode Island regain control over their lives. We have the legal prowess and determination to help you succeed. If you have questions about workers’ compensation or want to discuss an injury you received at your place of work, call us today at (401) 751-8855 or reach out to us online for a free initial consultation.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
There is nothing easy about trying to dispute a claim by yourself. Workers’ compensation law, in particular, is complicated and requires a specific, in-depth understanding of the law. You will have to gather very detailed evidence that may require a lot of time and money. If you do not have experience with making a claim, it may be almost impossible for you to receive compensation.
Furthermore, if you or a loved one has sustained injuries, health should be your first priority. Putting more stress on yourself is the last thing you need. In fact, placing this burden on yourself may lengthen your recovery time and prevent you from going back to work. Instead, let a lawyer handle your claim to ensure you get the full amount of compensation available.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd.?
The Newport injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd., have spent the past 50 years helping as many people as possible with their personal injury claims as our way of giving back to the people of Newport. We care about our community and want to make sure that our friends and neighbors are not being taken advantage of.
Our commitment is what has helped us earn hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. In fact, recently we were able to earn $800,000 for a client who was involved in a workers’ compensation case. We have over 85 years of combined experience which we put to work for our clients every day. We are so confident in our abilities that we take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we will cover all the costs of your case upfront and only take a fraction of your eventual winnings. In the event that we are unable to recover any compensation, we will never charge you attorney fees.
Types of Cases We Handle
In general, you are qualified for workers’ compensation if you were injured at your place of work or while you were running an errand for work. The only exceptions are if the injury occurred while you were on your lunch break or during your commute to and from work. You do not have to prove negligence on the part of your employer in order to recover workers’ compensation benefits – as long as your injury occurred at or because of work, you should qualify.
A multitude of injuries qualify for workers’ compensation, including:
- Slips and Falls – Slip and falls are common in many workplaces if there are spills, merchandise on the floor, loose wires, and more.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries – RMIs (also referred to as Cumulative Trauma Disorders and Repetitive Stress Injuries) are among the most common types of work injuries and often result when workers need to perform the same motions over and over. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a common type of RMI, especially if you work in an office.
- Occupational Illnesses – Occupational illnesses occur when you develop a disease because of workplace conditions, and you can prove there is a relationship between exposure and the disease. For example, firefighters may have lung defects from breathing asbestos, and gardeners who have to use pesticides may develop certain cancers like mesothelioma.
- Defective Equipment – Employees who have to deal with heavy machinery, such as factory or construction, are in danger of being injured by defective equipment.
- Emotional/Mental Stress Injuries – Sometimes workplace injuries are not always physical. Workplace stress is becoming one of the leading causes of heart attacks and strokes in the U.S. If your emotional or mental stress became so much that you were severely injured, you may qualify for workers’ compensation.
If any of the above scenarios sound familiar to you, you may be entitled to payment for expenses that occurred because of your injury. There are multiple types of compensation that you may receive if you pursue a workers’ comp claim, such as:
- Medical Expenses
- Rehabilitation Costs
- Loss of Wages
- Costs of Necessary Home Modifications
It’s important to note that your chances of success in repayment increase significantly when you hire a lawyer. Insurance companies may try to downplay the seriousness of your injuries to avoid paying you the money you deserve.
The Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyers
The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. have the knowledge and skills to help you pursue your personal injury claim. Our Newport attorneys will work closely with you to ensure that your rights are protected and that you are adequately compensated for your injury. You will not pay a dime unless we win your case. Contact us today at (401) 751-8855, through email, or Live Chat us on our website for a free initial consultation.