Warwick Wide Turn Trucking Accident Attorneys
A wide turn accident between an 18-wheeler and a passenger car in Warwick never turns out well. Truck drivers are required to have special training to maneuver their vehicles in tight spaces, but that doesn’t mean they’re always looking where they need to or following the rules of the road.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a wide turn accident in Warwick, don’t let an insurance adjuster tell you how much your injuries are worth. The Warwick truck accident attorneys of Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. have been helping wide turn trucking accident victims get compensation for their injuries for over fifty years. We have the knowledge and experience to fight for justice for you and your family.
Contact Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. today at (401) 352-5271 for a free consultation, and start on the road to recovery by letting us fight for you.
Why Hire Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. for My Wide Turn Accident?
Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. has been helping trucking accident victims in Warwick for over 50 years. The head of our firm, Ronald J. Resmini, has written over a dozen handbooks on personal injury and domestic law. Personal injury is all we do and all we care about. We are a family-run firm with over 85 years of combined experience and millions of dollars in compensation obtained for accident victims. We have the experience and expertise to help you and your family get the compensation you deserve after your trucking accident.
How Do Wide Turn Accidents Happen in Warwick?
Although making a right-hand turn in a passenger car is second nature for any driver with even a little experience, making a right turn in a vehicle that’s over 60 feet long and weighs up to 80,000 pounds can be considerably more dangerous. When a truck driver must occupy a second lane of traffic in order to make a right turn safely, it’s considered a wide turn. If the driver doesn’t carefully check their blind spots, or No-Zones, before turning, or doesn’t register what they’re seeing, an accident can happen quickly.
Here are some reasons why a truck driver might cause an accident while making a wide turn:
- Driver fatigue. This is the single most important factor in trucking accidents. If a truck driver has been on the road for hours and is feeling fatigued, they may not complete all their safety checks before making a maneuver. And as stated above, even the simplest of actions, like making a right turn, can be dangerous in an 18-wheeler if not done correctly.
- Driver fails to signal. While it may be common for drivers of passenger cars to forget to signal before making a right-hand turn, if a truck driver forgets to signal before turning, they put everyone around them in danger.
- Route unfamiliarity. Over-the-road truckers spend most of their time on interstate highways and multi-lane roadways, where they have plenty of space to maneuver. If a truck driver moves into a more crowded urban area, like Warwick, and has to focus on finding their destination instead of on the cars around them, accidents can happen fast.
- Inadequate surveillance. The Federal Motor Safety Carrier Association defines “inadequate surveillance” as a truck driver not checking their blind spots before completing a maneuver or looking but not seeing. Due to the larger size of blind spots for an 18-wheeler, if the driver is not vigilant, they can cause an accident.
Who Is at Fault for a Wide Turn Accident in Warwick?
The answer to this question can be complex because the trucking industry is complex. Unlike most passenger cars, accidents involving 18-wheelers can have several different liable parties. The truck driver, the owner of the truck, or the trucking company may all bear some level of responsibility. Deciding who is liable can be a difficult undertaking, which is why having an experienced attorney help you deal with insurance adjusters and trucking companies is always a good idea.
Investigating a Wide Turn Truck Accident
Investigating an accident takes time and knowledge. An experienced attorney will take the time to recreate the accident step by step to determine how it occurred and who is ultimately responsible. An insurance company will have a very similar process, but their main goal is to absolve the truck driver and trucking company of any liability to avoid paying out any claims.
Investigating a wide turn accident usually follows a process:
- Evidence gathering. An attorney or adjuster will gather any and all evidence pertaining to the accident. This may include photos of the vehicles involved, eyewitness statements, expert witness testimony, medical records, or police reports.
- Accident recreation. They will then attempt to recreate exactly what happened at the time of the accident to determine who is at fault for the crash.
- Interviews. They may gather more information by interviewing anyone who was at the scene of the accident. This can include the truck driver, medical personnel, police officers that were called to the scene, or any witnesses to the accident.
Once the investigation is complete, if an attorney determines that the truck driver, trucking company, or any affiliated entity was at fault, they can assist you in filing an insurance claim for compensatory damages.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Wide Turn Accident?
The amount of compensation available varies from accident to accident and depends on several factors. Generally, the more serious the accident or injuries sustained, the more you can claim in damages. The circumstances surrounding the accident can also determine the amount of compensation you are due. For example, if the truck driver was driving under the influence or if the load they are carrying is over the weight limit allowed by law in Warwick, an attorney might request more compensation.
Contact Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. Today
Have you or a loved one been injured in a wide turn truck accident in Warwick? If so, let the firm with more experience in personal injury than any other fight for you. We will do our best to get you the compensation you are due to cover medical bills, lost wages, or pain and suffering. Call Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, LTD. today at (401) 352-5271 for a free, no-obligation consultation, and let us show you how we can help.