Florida parents Cole Parsons and Courtney Thorne filed a medical malpractice suit on Wednesday, December 28. They filed against Jacksonville-based Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Dr. David Smith. The parents are claiming their baby suffered severe burns from the lithium battery she ingested because the physician took around five hours to remove said battery from the baby’s body.
According to data from the National Capital Poison Center, over 1,900 children swallowed button batteries in 2015. Among these cases, there were 20 deadly incidents in children younger than six. Parsons said other doctors noted their daughter may need continuous treatment to mend her esophagus. Because of the wounds in her esophagus lining, she can eat only pureed food.
Let our attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini Ltd. fight for you if you were the victim of a personal injury accident in Rhode Island. Speak with a qualified member of our legal team by calling our offices at (401) 751-8855. This time is stressful, but we can file the appropriate lawsuit for your case.