Hazardous Construction Site Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a hazardous construction site, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Only an experienced Providence car accident attorney can effectively fight for your rights and get you the damages you deserve. A car accident can be devastating to your physical and mental health, as well as your finances.
The lawyers at Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. are here to handle your claim so that you can focus on your recovery. You pay nothing until we get compensation for you. Call us today at (401) 751-8855 for a free consultation.
What Is a Hazardous Construction Site?
Construction zones are specific sections of streets and highways where construction work is taking place. They are usually marked by signs, cones, and flashing lights and often require drivers to slow down, merge into fewer lanes, and take detours. Construction zones are present throughout Rhode Island and the rest of the country and are necessary for maintaining and improving our roadways.
Construction companies are responsible for ensuring the safety of construction zones at all times to minimize hazardous conditions. Negligence in maintaining a safe construction zone can cause traffic hazards that may result in car crashes, injuries, and deaths. Examples of traffic hazards that may be present in a construction zone include:
- Inadequate markings and signage – Construction zones are required to have markings and signage that meet specific guidelines and are effective in informing drivers of changes in road conditions caused by the construction work. Inaccurate or unclear markings and signage can cause confusion and frustration for drivers.
- Poor planning and control of traffic flow through the construction zone – Construction companies are required to thoroughly plan for how traffic will move safely through a construction site. Poor planning or inadequate execution of these plans can result in traffic hazards.
- Poor road and driving conditions – Construction projects often require significant changes to road conditions, such as sharp turns, uneven surfaces, and obstacles on the road. Traffic hazards are created when a construction company does not take appropriate measures to ensure driver safety under these conditions, for example, by not adequately reducing the speed limit for a sharp turn.
- Failure to comply with regulations – There are city, state, and federal regulations in place to ensure the safety of construction sites and to prevent accidents. A construction company’s failure to comply with these regulations can also lead to hazardous conditions.
- Defects in road or highway construction – Defects in road or highway construction, once completed, can create dangerous driving conditions.
Unfortunately, these types of hazards are fairly common in construction zones. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, fatal crashes in work zones increased by 11 percent in 2018 and 2019. With only a 0.3 percent increase in overall highway construction spending during this period, these figures indicate that the safety of construction zones deteriorated, thereby causing greater risks for drivers and passengers.
Driver Negligence and Construction Sites
Since construction sites often require reduced driving speeds that cause traffic delays, it is common for drivers to become impatient or negligent in their driving while passing through a work site. Some negligent driver behaviors that can contribute to the severity of a crash include:
- Distracted driving
Rhode Island laws follow a pure comparative fault system, which means that even if you were partially responsible for a crash due to negligent driving, you could still claim compensation for your injuries, regardless of your degree of negligence. However, your negligent driving can affect the amount and types of compensation you are entitled to, and this is why you need a skilled Providence car accident attorney to guide you through the complicated legal process.
Compensation for the Victim of a Car Accident Caused By a Hazardous Construction Site
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a hazardous construction site, you could be awarded compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses for treatment related to your injuries
- Lost income and income potential caused by missing work due to your injuries
- Physical pain and emotional suffering caused by the accident and your injuries
- Repair or replacement costs for your vehicle
- Any disability caused by the accident
Similarly, if your spouse or child was killed in a car accident caused by a hazardous construction site, damages would be paid to you to compensate for:
- Funeral expenses
- Lost income that your loved one would have earned during their life to provide for the family
- Emotional suffering caused to you and your family
The exact amount of compensation you receive from your claim will depend on the severity of the accident and injuries, as well as whether or not there was any driver negligence involved.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Fight for You
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a hazardous construction site, you have been through a traumatic experience that has probably left you shaken and may have changed your life forever. Not only are you dealing with the emotional stress caused by the accident, but you are probably also worried about the mounting cost of treatment and other expenses associated with the crash.
At [firm name], we have over 85 years of combined experience in representing clients in car accident cases, and we have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We understand the physical and emotional stress you are dealing with, and we are ready to guide you through the legal process with compassion and integrity so that you can get the compensation you need and deserve.
Acting quickly to hire an experienced Providence car accident attorney is critical to protecting your right to claim compensation for your losses. Call Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. at (401) 751-8855 today to schedule a free consultation so that we can answer your questions and help you understand the legal process. We will never bill you for legal fees or expenses until we win money for you.