Newport, Rhode Island Boating Accident Lawyers
Boat accidents can be extraordinarily serious. The presence of water can turn a minor collision into a major problem if passengers fall into the water, risking drowning and brain damage. If you are injured in a boat accident caused by someone else, you should not be left to pay for the damage you endure. The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. will fully assess the details of your case and help you fight for the compensation that you are entitled to after an accident. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will strive to hold accountable all those responsible for your boating accident injuries.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a boating accident, contact the Newport, RI boating accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today at (401) 367-4655 to discuss your legal options.
Why Do I Need a Boating Accident Lawyer?
Determining liability in boating accident cases can be a very complex process. What’s more, the insurance companies of the responsible parties are often looking for the fastest and cheapest way to settle your case. They may call you quickly after your accident to offer you a settlement, but be careful; these offers are almost never as large as they should be. An attorney will be able to calculate how much money you deserve from a settlement, and will not yield to the pressure the insurance agent tries to put on you.
Being an accident victim can often be overwhelming, chaotic, and confusing, so there is no need to fight a boating accident claim or on your own. The right personal injury lawyer can argue your case while you focus on recovering. While you heal, your lawyer can investigate your accident, gather the necessary evidence, and negotiate with insurance. If necessary, your lawyer will take the responsible party to court, all with minimal stress on your end.
Why Should I Hire the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. to Handle my Case?
Ronald J. Resmini has nearly five decades of experience representing clients in Rhode Island. In addition to his extensive experience arguing cases in Rhode Island courts, he has authored handbooks and other legal publications, and played a major role in clarifying laws in the Rhode Island Supreme Court. Mr. Resmini is a member of the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys and has been named a Super Lawyer as one of the top attorneys in Rhode Island every year since 2011. He will knowledgeably assess your personal injury case and fight for the compensation you and your family deserve.
Ronald J. Resmini and his three sons, R. Jason Resmini, Adam J. Resmini, and Andrew O. Resmini, are skilled legal professionals equipped to competently and compassionately handle your case. Together, they have won millions of dollars for their past clients, and they are ready to do the same for you.
Types of Boating Accident Cases We Handle
Boating accidents can occur in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons. Accidents can occur in a variety of ways, including:
- Collisions with other boats
- Collisions with fixed objects in the water
- Boats flooding and sinking
- Boats “grounding,” or getting stuck on unexpected landmasses hidden under the water
- Skiing accidents
These accidents can occur for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Recklessness or carelessness in vehicle operation: General recklessness in operating a boat may result in a citation, but can also result in an accident. Careless operation includes operating at an excessive speed, failing to follow boating operation guidelines as required by Rhode Island law, and any other forms of operation that willfully puts the safety of others at risk.
- Boat maintenance and faulty equipment: Some operators may not take proper care of their boats and onboard equipment, and this can lead to a serious boating accident. GPS failures, carbon monoxide leaks, or damage to the boat or onboard equipment itself can present serious safety risks.
- Distracted operation: Boating operators must take care when operating a boat. Boat operators must refrain from cell phone use and be aware of their surroundings at all times. Serious accidents can occur if they do not pay close attention at all times when operating a watercraft.
- Intoxication: Though boating is heavily associated with drinking, it is still illegal to operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs in Rhode Island. This is especially important because the conditions of being out on the water can exacerbate the effects of alcohol, making an accident even more likely.
- Unsafe Boating Conditions: If a boat is overcrowded, it may not operate as intended. If the proper and required safety equipment, like life vests, is not available on board, accidents that occur might get even worse.
If you were injured because the person operating a boat you were the passenger of or another boat that collided with your was negligent, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. can help you recover money to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, rehabilitative costs, disability and disfigurement, pain and suffering, and more. If a loved one died as a result of a boating accident, we can also help you pursue a wrongful death claim against the negligent party. Through this claim, you may be able to recover compensation for funeral expenses and loss of support, among other losses.
Contact the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. Today
A boating accident, like any other traumatic event, can be a stressful and emotional experience. The Newport, RI accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. have the experience and knowledge to handle all the details of your boating accident case. We are dedicated to getting you the compensation that you deserve, allowing you and your family to move on from this awful event.
Personal injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations of three years in Rhode Island, so it is important that you do not delay in contacting our Rhode Island boating accident lawyers. To speak with a legal professional about your boating accident case, call the Newport, RI personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. today at (401) 755-8855. We provide our clients with a 100% free initial consultation.